Friday, May 6, 2011

Picture Time: Say "BEEEZZZ!"

I have been taking photographs but have not taken the time to learn how to post them. Until now.



This is a picture of the inside of beekeeper Barry's barn where he builds hives and stores stuff other beekeepers want to buy. In the middle are many packages of bees which he drove to Georgia to fetch. Four packages are tacked together with thin strips of wood. Each 3 lb. package contains 10,000-12,000 bees, a queen in a cage and a can of corn syrup to give the girls something to eat until they move into their new digs.



This is what it looks like when you shake 10,000 bees into their new hive box. After I took this picture I got too busy to take more shots. Installing bees would make a terrific photo essay were it not for the distraction of 10-12,000 buzzers.

I have a short video that I will post in my next entry. Stay tuned...











No comments:

Post a Comment